Hello all out there in the Internet land. This blog will chronicle my journey creating a web app for my church, United in Faith. I invite all that follow this blog to post suggestions, comments, advice or whatever you feel like. The other reason for creating the blog is the hope that it will keep me on track in completing this app. Like all projects it is very easy to get off track, especially with a little one running around :)
Ok now on to the progress that has been made so far. This application is going to be an app that will allow members of the United in Faith praise team, Voice of the Turtle , to log in and see what songs we have in our library, links to the YouTube videos, what type of music we have for the song (chord chart or lead sheet), what season it may go with and finally when we played the song last. I think this will be a huge help to the band as we are always trying to remember what we have in the library and when we played them last.
So far I have created the database using SQL Server Express. I know that might have been overkill but I am also trying studying to become a SQL Server Developer so using that will help me practice. I am currently trying to decide what language to write the app in. I am leaning toward Rudy on Rails but might also think about PHP or Pearl. I will probably download them both and see which one I like better.
Finally, today I downloaded Ubuntu Server and will put that on an extra machine that I have. I will do most of the developing on that box. I just need to figure out how to build the server :) but that is what Google is for :)
Thank you for reading and i look forward to your comments.
NinjaDave:
ReplyDeleteKeep me posted as to your choice of software AND why you chose it.
Rich
Will do Rich. Stay tuned to this blog for all the updates and things
ReplyDelete