If creating this application where a trip from Chicago to New York I would be heading eastbound on I-90 at the Fullerton exit (in other words, not very far) and just when I think that I am going to pass the exit and keep going on my way a warning light comes on and I have to stop and get some help.
This is what has happened so far in creating my application (which I don't have a name for so if you have any ideas let me know). Since the database is created and ready to go, the next logical step is to install the software that I am going to try. In my case, I am going to work with 2 different languages to see which one I like better as I mentioned in my previous post. I thought that I had downloaded both Ruby on Rails and WAMP successfully but when I went to launch them, I could not. I had no idea what to click on to start writing things. So, as my wife and I say to each other when we need to look something up, to the Google machine! :) And what a wonderful machine it is :) I found the Rails Guide which walks you through the install and set up of Ruby on Rails. I also found an article which walks you through the set up and install of WAMP. As I was looking through those guides I found that there were things that needed to be set up, that were not (if you want to download these I highly suggest taking a look at these guides). So with this new info in hand I am going to uninstall and attempt to reinstall Ruby and WAMP and hope to get back on the road!
No comments:
Post a Comment