When you go on any trip you generally want to choose 1 method of transportation to get you from point A to point B. For my web app that method is the software that I am going to use is that method of transportation. Up to now I have been using 2 methods, Ruby on Rails and WAMP. I have decided that it is best to choose one and I have chosen to move forward with Ruby on Rails. The reason for this is that I have had different people tell me that Ruby on Rails makes things easier and makes certain assumptions to help the developer keep his/her code clean. For someone that does know what he is doing that is comforting. I was also told that it is a language that was built by developers because they didn't like what some of the other languages made you do. I don't really have any examples here but I believe these folks as they are very, very good developers. The final thing that really made me choose Ruby on Rails was my brother. He told me that I should only use PHP (a big part of WAMP) if I am a masochistic.
There is also a lot of help out there for Ruby on Rails and now I need to get some books and start practicing and building this app!
What platform will your "app" work on?
ReplyDeleteIt will initially run on the web only. I don't have the knowledge to develop for iOS or Android.
ReplyDelete